caGrid Metadata Infrastructure
The caGrid metadata infrastructure consists of numerous components and services, which are described below:
- Metadata Models - Standardized service metadata models.
- MMS - Provides ability to generate and semantically annotate standard metadata using an external metadata repository like the caDSR.
- GME - Acts as the authoritative repository the XML Schemas used on the grid.
- Index Service - Provides the white and yellow pages of the grid.
- caDSR - caDSR provides access to registered models and their semantic annotations.
- EVS - EVS provides access to controlled terminology.
- Introduce Support - Introduce Support for caGrid metadata.
- Advertisement - Provides the means to advertise services.
- Discovery - Provides the means to locate services and data of interest on the grid.